The Galatea prize
This is an oeuvre prize that will be awarded on a regular basis. Artists who meet the criteria can register here.
A longlist is compiled on the basis of the artists’ registrations and the jury selects three artists from the longlist.
The Galatea prize consists of two components :
A. For artists of the shortlist:
– Participation in an exhibition
– PR exhibition
B. For the winner of the Galatea prize:
– The Galatea Medal
– A contribution to the further development of the artist, such as an exhibition, publication / artist’s book, possibility Artist in Residence.
Explanation about application Galatea prize
– You are a professional working artist
– You come from a disadvantaged situation, preferably a recent migration history (max. 5 à 7 years)
– You have a residence permit for the Netherlands and you live in the Kingdom of the Netherlands
– Your application must fit within the objectives of our fund. If in doubt, contact the Foundation through: email@example.com.
The selection committee assesses the motivation and quality of the work and selects 3 candidates for the shortlist, based on both criteria for participation and substantive criteria.
The shortlisted candidates are offered an exhibition where recent work can be shown. A prize winner will be announced on the basis of this exhibition. There is no correspondence about the decision-making of the selection committee.
The Foundation does not intend to promote the personal material interests of individual artists.